Sunday, December 19, 2010

India: I miss you.

The sounds of "Zara Zara" are in my background... oh India I miss you! I have been longing to return, and it is getting stronger lately. What exactly I would do- teach English, sing, work with Project Rescue, help the physical therapists... I'm not sure. But I am ready to go back and share the love of God for this people group.

I love Indian culture. I would love to flee the confines of American society for the poverty of India. Not that Money is not an idol in India, for it definitely is, but I am less conscious of fulfilling desires and more concerned with filling needs and being a respectable Indian woman. (ex: my only concerns with my clothing are that it is modest and culturally appropriate)

I have always admired Mother Theresa and "Amma" Amy Carmichael. I still long to visit Dohnavur. What beautiful love they lived for their Saviour!
I realize not everyone is called to live a life of poverty in a foreign country, but oh that we would all have the spirit of poverty! May we become givers, servants, and missionaries wherever the Lord may have us.

This blog post is a bit all over the place, but that is how my mind is right now- so filled with ideas and dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment