Sunday, March 6, 2011

California Girl.

California girl... you are a blessing.

I remember the first time I heard about you. "So, there's this really awesome girl moving here from California, and you two should become friends." Me thinking: Okay? She's athletic, I'm not... so this should be interesting.
We met. We spent time with mutual friends. I thought you were pretty crazy- pretty radical. A city girl. :) But we became housemates, and we found so much to talk about.
We had early mornings together- eating breakfast in silence, having our devotional time. We watched sports. We listened to big band music together and watched movies. We drank coffee and discussed theology, politics, books, views on life, and analyzed ourselves. After I visited California and your family with you, I understood you so much better.

We have laughed together, cried together, and prayed together. You have become one of my best friends. I have LOVED seeing the changes God has done in both of us. And as you are back to California for this next adventure, I am EXCITED for you, because I know you will THRIVE. I am positive that God will use you for beautiful blessings to others.

I look forward to seeing you soon... Chicago, LA, or my wedding in MN. (LOL!)

* Like sunlight burning in midnight/ making my life something so beautiful/ mercy reaching to save me/ all that I need/ You are so beautiful, beautiful..

He is making us beautiful, as He is beautiful. <3

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment