Monday, June 27, 2011

Developing Patient Endurance

Well, my life has never gone quite as I planned. :) Still isn't! I was going to go to music school, become a professional singer, travel and lead worship, record a few CDs... hm. When I decided that I didn't like performance, (although I still love leading worship), I found my love of naturopathic medicine and India. Although becoming a doctor was my plan, it doesn't seem to be God's plan for me. (At least not at this point in my life.) So, no, I am not going to pre-med school this fall.

Staying is a very difficult thing for me. I have now lived in the same town for three years, and I have yet to finish a Bachelor's degree or get a full-time job. Being me, I should have moved on and done something with my life by now. I love this town, but I still wonder what is "next."

The Lord has a purpose for all this, I know. :) I have grown SO much since I have "stayed." I have found a wonderful church family and have become involved in relationships and ministry. I have developed friendships and learned to interact with people very different from myself. I have learned to depend more on the Lord and walk with Him in the simplicity of everyday life. I have been through physically and emotionally trying times and found that the Lord IS my strength, my song, and my salvation. He is the Hope I rest in.

"The testing of your faith produces patient endurance..."

And so we REJOICE in all things! We REJOICE that we have been counted worthy of suffering, that we may know Christ and be found in Him. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment