Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Nothing but Everything

I've been accepted to pre-med school! Of course, I am excited for this next adventure in life... applying to naturopathic medical school is almost in view!

There is so much, however, that might (and will!) happen between now and then. I am busy working and leading worship. I have to prepare for moving. There are many decisions to make. Once I'm in school, finding a way to understand chemistry will be a priority! Ha.

Friends and family here, I'm sorry to leave you for so far away and for a long commitment. Of course, you are always welcome to visit me. But far above all things is my desire to follow my Lord.

Tonight during musical worship at church, I was taken back to another setting- where I wore a saree, men and women sat separated, and we sang in a mixture of English and Tamil.

I miss that.

In the words of young missionary Genessa Wells, "I could give up and get married and become (insert career). All of this is very noble and to be quite honest, sounds good to me! But in my heart, I want to change the world- more than I want a husband and more than I want comfort. I need... to tell others about Jesus."

Interestingly enough, "All I Need is You" by Hillsong United is playing right now on Pandora. Oh to remind myself!

My heart cries out, "Lord, let me have a broken heart for the broken-hearted!" I want to be a doctor. A counselor. A teacher. A missionary. A worship leader. A minister of the gospel.

We are all sick. We are all dying in sin- but we have not been left rejected and alone to die! We have a choice. We can let ourselves die, or we can go to the Great Physician and let Him do whatever must be done for our Healing. The healing may be painful, but we will ultimately be cured. We will be set free from all sin, shame, and pain.

Wholeness.

That was my response to fall 2008 retreat's question: If you could sum up what you are most passionate about in ONE word...?

Wholeness. Physical, mental, emotional, spiritual health... wholeness. We derive the word "Holiness" from Wholeness. It is a fullness, a completeness. Undivided. Full of health.

My passion is to see people, women in general, abused women specifically, living new lives of wholeness.

This is why I am going back to school. I must remind myself that the end goal is higher than any secondary goals I may have. I must fix my eyes on the unseen, rather than the temporary "seen."

"It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick..."

"When Jesus saw the multitudes, He had compassion on them..."

And Jesus said to the woman at the well... "if you drink the water I give, you will never thirst again!"

Jesus said to the woman caught in adultery... "I do not condemn you either... go now and leave your life of sin."

Jesus said of the woman weeping on His feet, "I tell you, her sins- and they are many- have been forgiven, so she has shown me much love." To her: "Your sins are forgiven. Your faith has saved you; go in peace."

And they are MANY...

Until we come to that point of brokenness, we don't experience that depth of love and forgiveness.

And WE have been given this ministry of Reconciliation- we plead "Come back to God!" For we have been made right with God through Christ.

Oh! to say: (2 Cor 6:10) Our hearts ache, but we always have joy. We are poor, but we give spiritual riches to others. We own nothing, and yet we have everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment