Tuesday, June 8, 2010

politics and religion. :D

I am well aware that conversation on politics and/or religion is discouraged for the promotion of pleasant relationships. I, however, dislike relationships that do NOT engage in such conversation. What else is there to talk about? Ha. This blog, I do believe, is going to become quite controversial. I realize that I am a "young college student" and maybe what I have to say does not come from my own research and experience, but I do enjoy learning from others.
Yesterday evening I had the privilege to enjoy training by American Majority. I can't say that much of the information was new, but it was quite a good reminder of how much more I CAN be doing to make a difference in the world, and particularly in conservative politics. I was impressed to start updating my blog more frequently and also create a Twitter account. http://twitter.com/katiealayne
I am a firm believer in combining politics and religion. Whatever anyone may say about "separation of church and state," may I remind them that the phrase is NOT Constitutional. It is merely from a letter written by Thomas Jefferson. The actual INTENT of the 1st Amendment of the Constitution was not to keep religion out of government, nor was it to keep our Nation's leadership from making decisions based on Biblical truth. The young united States of America was a people who had fled religious persecution. They simply did not want a government- established church, which they would have to pay taxes to. Instead, they desired for every man (and woman) to attend the church of their own choosing! Our nation was founded on Biblical principles, and it was expected that our leadership would continue to govern the States through consultation of the Scripture and the blessing of the Divine. Even President George Washington, whom some today claim was not a Christian, stated in his Farewell Address, "It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible."

No comments:

Post a Comment