Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Waiting.

I'm not very good at patience and waiting. Today I went to process some forms for my new job and for class registration and found out that I have more hoops to jump through. What I really would like? : A job. Financial aid.
Yes, these are slightly important, but I probably will survive waiting for them.
On the other hand, what if this wasn't something so simple? What if I was waiting to be seen by a doctor or an ER? What if I had to endure being sick for a long time or suddenly died from lack of medical attention? Yes, it could happen, thanks to the new Health Care bill. Ask people from countries with "FREE" health care, national health care, how long it takes for them to see a doctor. We already have a shortage of doctors and other medical professionals. We already have an ER that struggles to make money, since many of the patients BY LAW MUST BE SEEN, even though they CAN NOT PAY. Now, we are going to add more patients to an already over-flowing medical practice.
What can we do?
I'm not saying that it wouldn't be nice if everyone could get medical care, but I AM saying that everyone SHOULD have to pay for their own medical care. If you want to be seen by a doctor, pay the doctor. If you can't afford to pay for a doctor, don't go to see him for simple things like colds. If you are feeling healthy, don't go have every check-up and screeing you can think of. You are wasting other peoples' money.

Don't tell me that "the government" is paying for your health care. Don't be stupid. PEOPLE are. Your neighbor is. If you can't go straight to your neighbor's house and ask him for money for medical bills, don't go behind his back either. Don't steal.
Those crazy people who go around creating all sorts of medical bills (that they are not paying for) are hurting those of us who pay for our own medical care... people like my parents, who have six children, and have to pay their own medical bills, should NOT have to pay for your medical bills too. Grow up. Get a job. Take care of yourself. And only go to the doctor when you REALLY need to. Otherwise, we will all be sitting in lines waiting...

1 comment: